Sunday, April 26, 2015

today has been a bad day

me: "let's do stuff!"
mental illness: "whatever, i'll get you eventually, go do stuff, no one even cares." goes back to reading magazine.
me: "yay!"
work: "um, sammy?  we're going to need you to present some stuff tomorrow.  we knew this last week, but instead of telling you, we thought it was best to just ignore it until 24 hours before we want that done.  so, if you could just get that ready, that'd be great."
me: "fuck"
mi, putting down magazine: "well, if we're going to do that, why don't we think about how great it would be to just cut your thigh up a little bit.  you know, to let off some steam.  get everybody in the mood to write boring presentations.  just a little thigh music."
me&mi: "i should probably just kill myself"




4 comments:

  1. What kinds of magazines does mi like?

    <>--+-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be honest, reading this comment on my phone this morning helped a lot. "tell me more about this crazy thing." thank you so much. :)

      and do people even read magazines anymore? i don't know anyone who does. but the image of someone sitting and reading a magazine all "angry page flip" and "satisfied slap as it hits the table to signify you're done" seems to be something i have stuck in my head.

      i blame tv.

      Delete
    2. I only read them when I am sitting at the dr's office. Three year old People magazines with Nicole Kidman on the cover - articles about how cool Four Square is - I like to take an inventory of the number of pictures of animals.

      <>--+-

      Delete
    3. they have magazines at my doctor too, but most people just look at their phones. a lot of the magazines are like "old people things" or "sports" or "you're at the doctor, why don't you read about horrible diseases."

      i do often look at pictures of animals on my phone though. also because if people are at the doctor, maybe they're sick, and i don't want to get sick.

      Delete