Friday, September 26, 2014

here's a thing.

Do You Love Someone With Depression?

if you're here, then the answer is probably yes.  sorry.  shall we do the list?


  1. my apartment is messy as fuck.  my bedroom is full of dirty clothes, and when i think i'm going to run out, i cram a bunch into the washer and dryer, and hope i come up with enough for tomorrow.
  2. cooking used to be that thing i loved.  then i stopped cleaning so great, so now i get cockroaches, and cooking when you're terrified a bug is going to run across your pan or your onions or something is horrible.  so.  yeah.  taco bell and mcdonalds.  also supermarket cali rolls, because i'm lame like that.
  3. i think this one is silly because of the random psycho "earthing" thing, but yeah, fine.  i stay inside all the time.  i sunburn too easily.
  4. i used to shave a lot.  now?  i just put on pants, and ignore the people who are like, "aren't you hot?"  no.  fuck you.  we work in a place with air conditioning.  why would i fucking bother?
  5. that was 5, but i skipped 4.  this is four now.  i.. don't know.  i'm sad, i'm lonely, and moving to a new office "that's all your own!" just makes me more lonely.  i live at home alone, then wake up to go to work alone, sit in my office alone, then go to the store to be overly polite to people because they make less money than i do and have to deal with shitty people, but i don't get to deal with any people, so why don't i get that relief, and then go back home where i can be alone with my tv again.  this isn't a great thing to do.
  6. for realsies, i think.  when was the last time i had a hug?  four years ago?  my friend's daughter doesn't count.  she's 2.  two year olds hug plates.  i saw her do it.  i will say that having a tiny person hug you does help, but you might start crying, and that will freak out a 2-year-old.  "why doesn't anyone else love me?"
  7. i laughed at a tumblr thing where this dog heard this parrot, and the parrot gave commands that confused the dog, and it's funny, but maybe you havfe to have seen it?  but i don't laugh.  at anything really.  people say stuff that are clearly jokes, and my brain is all "that's a joke.  indicate joke." and i like, "heh."  so it's great that getting super depressed makes you even more likely to make people think you're a jerk.  it's seriously like it's just trying to push you far enough away to kill yourself.
  8. people can't.  when you tell someone, "i think i want to kill myself," they hide.  except if you're talking to a therapist, and then you get the "if you have a plan, i'm obligated to call the police and have you taken to someplace safe."  who plans this shit?  i can't imagine other people plan out elaborate checklists of things to do.  my plan?  get drunk (check!) take some drugs you have (kind of check?  i just bit half the pill)  wait until you stop feeling stuff, and then cut yourself, or swallow a bunch of cool pills (if you have them), and keep drinking the vodka until you pass out.  like, if i'm lucky, i'd end up dead.  if i'm not, then i have to wash the sheets, soak the vomit and piss out of the mattress, and hope that it doesn't stink.
  9. so yeah. that's a destructive thought.  i don't have anyone to challenge it.  "i can!" you say.  nope.  you're an internet person, and i could blog about all i'm doing, and the  best you can do is to post a comment about how i'm a good person.  or you can call the cops here and say that someone named samantha might be trying to kill herself, somewhere on oahu.  the cops will probably be super happy to solve the vaguest suicide ever.
  10. why you love me.  fuck.  now i feel like i'm baiting people to tell me good things they like about me.  i'm not.  my tenuous ties to this blog and internet existence rely on three people, and (based on the blogger stats), you're probably not one of them.  (in case you are, thanks for being wonderful at your own thing, and you have to know that you're the you i'm talking to right now).

but really.  this is a thing.  i'm bad at dealing with my own feelings, and i'm bad at solving the basic human interaction we're supposed to do in our lives.  i should probably go back to therapy, but it took so much time, and i don't think i got proportional results back.  really, if i could just get a perpetual xanax prescription, i'd probably be ok.

not "sane" or "better" just able to cope with things.  have you had xanax?  it is a miracle.

then again, that time i got super wasted on that opium cough syrup was kind of cool too.  

i think my lesson today is: "do lots of drugs, because they pull your mind back from the abyss of reality."

i'm...i'm a shitty teacher, i think.


4 comments:

  1. So, I have no idea who you are and I live a long long way away from Hawaii (always wanted to go there), but I like visiting your blog and reading your weird-ass, disgustingly hot stories (which I love because despite all the grumpiness are packed with loving characters). I visit by typing the url directly into the address bar. I see if you have added an entry. Once I wrote an awesome, long comment which then got lost because I was redirected to log in and that really pissed me off, get with it google. After I check your blog then I go to the link that says "I do tumblr?" and think to myself, "I wonder what sammy did to tumblr today..." and then I see a variety of things that arouse, shock, amuse, and / or disgust me.

    I'm not a therapist and I don't know anything about handling depression or drugs or alcohol, so I'm not that either. I'm just telling you about something that I enjoy doing for a short time and how it makes me smile or feel alright for a little. And when you go on trips or whatever and don't update for a while I start getting nervous. I hope that sammy is ok! Why isn't sammy doing anything on tumblr? Maybe she'll be back tomorrow. I hope so. I'd be a little sad if she stopped liking and sharing arousing-shocking-amusing-disgusting smut. I'll check again tomorrow.

    Check out the blog I work on: http://keysong.blogspot.com

    There's nothing for sale. It's just stories that you may like or hate. Writing keeps one sane.

    -tanager
    <>--+-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first off. i'm still trying to hide. you brought me out of that hiding pose. so. kiss. or hug. or. um. awkward wave? that's really the most likely, to be honest.

      i'm glad that you enjoy the stories. i wish i could put all my stories out as soon as my brain makes them. i have like....glass, ass, balls. three. three stories i want to put out. i just can't get the time and the brain to do so. the first one i had to rework because idea 1 didn't do it. it was mean, and it wasn't right, so i burned it out, and now i have to sort out idea 2. i still like idea 2. it's just not so mean. plus annie has this scene. :D i love that scene.

      anyway.

      sorry about google being dumb. i stick with blogger because it's pretty stable. and was here before i knew about tumblr. i'd probably do a tumblr story if i had to start today. and on tumblr: i put a bunch of stuff into a queue today because of this comment. i try to do it, but i suck at going back and catching up, because it's a hassle, so. blah. i'm glad that you're aroused or disgusted.

      i probably want you to be disgusted with me. yay. great brain, why don't we go stomp on kittens or something to make everyone hate us. woo mental illness! it's fun!

      it's not fun.

      so, i should put this in a real comment. i'm a coward, ok? i may hate living life, and hate dealing with people, and hate hating everything all the time. but i can't work myself up to that stabby slicey frame of mind. i've tried. it ended in tears and me passing out on the couch. most of the time when i stop doing the tumblr, it's because i stopped finding cool stuff in the stuff i look at a lot. this was also part of why i tried to do queue stuff. i don't want to spread my sadness. i'm fucked up, and i hate that i could hurt people with my shitty brain. grar.

      i wish i had read your stuff. i made it a goal. "go read that stuff before you respond, so you can be like, "cool! i like that!" or "cool! i like that but...!"

      but i didn't. i put it into a tab, and then buried it under seven stories from gromet's page. so that' what...11 stories, plus two literoticas, plus jessbaby's many chapters (i'm on like 4) and then two for you. i. need. more. time. :(


      and yeah. i'm pretty sure that writing is the thing that gets my brain to clear out stuff it just needs to put out. i don't think i could even pretend to be sane without it.


      love!

      (i knew you had a name, and i've been calling you "Miss Rose" in my head since you were anonymous, so please let me know if i've been wrong or stupid or something. i really do want to read your stuff. i just need to get this fuzz out of my brain first.)

      love,
      sammy!

      Delete
  2. Oh sammy, I always worry about you when you write stuff like this. I'm really happy that I know you, and would be sad if you weren't around, I would miss you lots. I love you and that sex-addled messed-up brain of yours. All you can do is keep fighting the fight, and hope for better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want you to be well and happy, and I do care about you a lot even though I'm just a person you know through the internet. I can definitely relate to some of what you're going through (since my dad died especially), and I just hope you to find a way through it. It feels scary and lonely sometimes because from the outside people can't really tell what a struggle it is you may be going through. It's really isolating, and scary. Re: Dr. Russian. You have to do what you think is right. I definitely felt better after visiting a therapist even though everything didn't magically go away. Just having her tell me that what I was going through was normal started to make me feel better. I'd say keep trying if you don't think the counselor is a good fit: there are so many different approaches and personalities out there. I'm sure someone would be sammy-compatible. Don't feel bad for me sammy, I'm actually glad to be here to listen to whatever you have to say. I would hug you too if I could. You are one of my unicorns (a real girl who likes really kinky stuff(!) and I think you are magical and wonderful!

      Delete