Saturday, November 6, 2021

weighted blankets are just bondage for boring people

i bought one last year, and it's cold enough now that i pulled it out again.  i'd forgotten how much it squishes me down, and spent a most of the afternoon napping underneath it.  it was during that long nap that i realized it does the same thing that really nice, low-stress bondage does:  you can't move as much as you want, so you have to be calm and relax.

it's totally not the same as the terrors i come up with.  there's no vacuum sealed rubber, no epoxy and concrete block holding me permanently immobile, no layers of plastic and tape locking my body still.  but there's still the same cozy "hug" that is in my mind when i dream them up.

anyway, just something that i thought up while snuggling all day long.

4 comments:

  1. Are you a sales rep? I want one now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i accept no liability for any weighted blanket purchase not providing the sufficient passive kink described above. i also accept no liability for the absolute destruction any weighted blanket will make on your attempts to have properly stacked bedding.

      but seriously, my mind is weird, so only get one if you want to try them out for maybe better sleep? it's also super unwieldy when you try to move it around or get the sheets sorted underneath it. every night is a fight to get everything in the right place. but then it's squishing me down and i like that squished feeling. :)

      Delete
  2. I just got one as a Christmas present. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got one for Christmas. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete