Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Exhibition: Voting

The Exhibition: Voting
sammy_808@live.com
http://sammytriesagain.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-exhibition-voting.html




--

Sammy was woken up by Annie shaking her.  She blinked her eyes, realizing that the sun was still down outside.  "Get up.  Go to the bathroom and take a shower."

"Annie?" Sammy asked.

"Go." Annie replied with an exaggerated point at the bathroom door.  When Sammy stepped out of the bathroom after finishing, Annie was sitting on the bed waiting for her.  "Let me help you put this on," she said, holding up a shiny steel chastity belt.  Sammy clenched as Annie pulled it tightly across her tummy, relaxing once she heard the click of the lock.

"This is next," Annie said, pulling out her sweatshirt from the dresser.  "You remember how this works, right?  Just grab someone with both hands and it'll shock them, ok?"

"Annie," Sammy started slowly as she pulled the hoodie on, "what's going on?  I'm starting to get scared."

"I know, pet, I'm scared too.  But I need to know you're safe, ok?  I can't do anything if I don't know you're safe."

"What's going on?" Sammy said as tears started to drip down her cheeks.  Annie gave her a hug, and then led her out to the living room.

"Look," Annie said, "This is the key to your cage, and this is the duplicate copy.  You're going to take both of these and lock yourself in.  Keep the keys in the far corner, where no one can get them.  I've put a bottle of water and a knife in your cage.  Your job is to stay inside, and not to unlock it or come out until you see me on the other side.  No one else."

Sammy started sobbing as she crawled into the cage.  "Why, Annie?  What's going on?"

"Do you understand me?  Do not open the cage for anyone else.  If someone else comes and you need to hurt them, you hurt them, ok?"  Annie replied.

Sammy was a mess, but nodded to Annie.  "I love you, pet, and I need to go make sure some of my friends are safe too.  If I could take you along, I would, but I'd rather know that you're here, and that no one can hurt you."

"I love you, Annie!" Sammy gasped out.  Annie reached in to pull Sammy close, and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you, too.  I'm sorry about all of this."  Sammy nodded, checked that the cage door was locked, and huddled against the window.  Annie draped a large blanket over the cage, hiding it from view.  Sammy heard the front door open, and then lock shut.

Sammy watched the city wake up from her window, wondering what had upset Annie so much.  Everything looked so normal from her view hundreds of feet up.  Eventually the sun was high in the sky, and Sammy snoozed quietly.

A few hours later, Sammy was awoken by the sound of the door opening, and many people walking inside.  "She's probably in here," she heard someone say over the many footsteps.  Sammy jumped up, snapping open the knife that Annie had left her.  "Hey, Sammy," Doctor Torres said as she lifted up the blanket.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" Sammy screamed as she lunged forward with the knife.  Rachel tumbled backwards out of the way, shocked at the vicious reaction.

"For fuck's sake, I told you I would get her," Sammy heard Annie shout from across the room as she stomped over.

"I was just trying to," Rachel started, before going quiet after seeing the fear on Sammy's face and the rage on Annie's.

"Pet, it's ok, come here," Annie said as she sat down at the door of the cage.  Sammy crawled over and began sobbing into the bars.  "It's ok, I'm here, I know I scared you, but it's ok for now."

"WHAT'S GOING ON?" Sammy howled.

"Give me the key, pet," Annie quietly whispered, wiping the tears from Sammy's face.  Sammy kicked backwards, hooking the ring with her foot, and pulling it close.  Annie took it, unlocked the cage, and crawled in next to Sammy.  "Yesterday was election day, pet."

"It was?  I didn't vote,"  Sammy said, calming slightly as Annie hugged her from behind.

"Yes you did, you voted absentee three weeks ago."

"Really?"

"Well, if you love and trust me enough to do it for you," Annie said with a wink.

"So what's wrong?"

"It turns out half the country is full of hate, and they elected a psychopath president.  I don't think we're safe here anymore."

"What?"

"We're going to move somewhere else, somewhere where we can hopefully just live in peace.  I had to go around and check on my friends, because I needed to know how many tickets to buy."  Annie reached out to lift the edge of the blanket, showing the living room filled with a half dozen people.

"I'm not wearing pants, Annie," Sammy whispered quietly.

"It's not a problem, pet, they have all seen more of you than you know.  But tonight we're leaving."

"What about all your stuff?"

"Mrs. Lynch is going to hire people to pack it up, and either mail it to us, or to put it in storage if we decide to return someday."

"I'm scared, Annie.  This isn't normal."

"No, pet, it isn't.  But I'm not going to wait for things to completely fall apart.  Not when you could get hurt.  I couldn't live with that."


--


The Exhibition: Voting
sammy_808@live.com
http://sammytriesagain.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-exhibition-voting.html

1 comment:

  1. *softly kisses the tears off Sammi's cheeks* ♥ we (all the good-hearted far-from-"normal" people* will all get through this ♥ but keep your passport current just in case (mine is) *gentle embrace*

    ReplyDelete